I feel so privileged to have met so many wonderful authors. Below, you’ll find the links to the authors who will be answering the same questions.
1. What is the working title/title of your book or project?
New Delhi Marriage Deal
2. Where did the idea come from for the book or project?
In 2012, I entered a short story contest organized by Harlequin Mills & Boon India and it went on to become one of the winners. I developed the short story into a full length novel.
3. What genre does it fall under, if any?
4. If applicable, who would you choose to play your characters in a movie?
I would pick Bollywood actors Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif to play Krish and Maya.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your manuscript or project?
Maya wants revenge against the guy who destroyed her family but she falls in love with his impossibly arrogant and handsome son, Krish.
6. Will your book or story be self-published or represented by an agency?
It’s being published by Harlequin Mills & Boon and is slated for a September 2013 release.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I wrote the book under the mentorship of a HMB editor. So, rather than submit the entire draft, my process involved submitting a few chapters and revising them with the feedback from the editor before writing the next few chapters. It took me about six months to have a final draft manuscript ready.
8. What other book or stories would you compare this story to within the genre?
It’s a revenge story with a romantic twist — a very popular theme with Harlequin M&B.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book or story?
I love M&B romances and Bollywood’s song-and-dance love stories. And I felt it would be great to do a mix-and-match. So, when I wrote the short story I designed a “meet cute” scene for Krish and Maya on the dance floor — while doing the tango! 😉
10. What else about the book or story might pique the reader’s interest?
New Delhi as the setting for a romance is ideal — providing a unique backdrop, complete with its dramatic dust storms and its abundant flora.
Next on the Blog Hop:
Milan Vohra – Author of Tick-Tock We’re 30.
Reshmy Pillai – Will discuss her story The Secret of Ahiraah
Lady Blade — Author of Blood in the Moon [Book 1: Awakenings]
J.S. Winn – Author of The Spirit Keepers
Gemma Juliana – Author of The Sheikh’s Spy.